Fight Bad Breath
Being told you have bad breath can extremely embarrassing and can give your self-esteem and confidence a huge blow. Luckily bad breath can be avoidable if you take steps to get rid of it. At the office of Dr. Andres de Cardenas, we want to help you Fight Bad Breath so you can feel confident about yourself and in your hygiene. Brushing your teeth after every meal and flossing regularly are two well-known ways to get rid of bad breath but there are other techniques that you are probably not familiar with.
Here are some of our tips to help you Fight Bad Breath:
How To Get Rid of Bad Breath
- Scrape your tongue: If you ever notice a white layer on your tongue, that is bacteria that can contribute to bad breath. Making sure you brush your tongue with your toothbrush or a tongue scraper to get rid of this bacteria can lower your risk of bad breath.
- Using mouthwash: Often, there are bacteria and food particles in our mouth that brushing your teeth only can not reach. A mouthwash that kills bacteria while getting rid of plaque and bad breath can do wonders.
- Drink plenty of water: If your mouth is dry, you can develop tooth decay and gum disease, both of which contribute to bad breath. Making sure you produce saliva is important to Fight Bad Breath by killing bacteria and plaque before they have a chance to build up.
- Chew gum: Similar to drinking water, chewing gum can increase saliva production and help kill bacteria in the mouth. Make sure you choose sugar-free gum because it is healthier and some bacteria actually use sugar to reproduce, so it could possibly do more harm than good.
- Avoid odorous foods: Foods such as garlic and onion can cause you to have bad breath after eating them, so substituting them in your meals can help to Fight Bad Breath.
Dr. Andres de Cardenas is one of Miami’s premier dentists. Trained in cosmetic dentistry, he is an expert in implants, reconstruction, prosthetics, and more. At our office, we want to treat you like family so every visit is enjoyable for you.
Reasons for Bad Breath
To learn how to Fight Bad Breath more effectively, or for more hygiene tips, call us today at 305-251-3334 or click here to schedule an appointment!